High-throughput automated high-yield extraction of ultra-pure DNA
Most genomic studies require multiple testing of the same sample to identify specific allelic variants or mutations. A typical workflow consists of a very fast and only partially informative primary screen followed by a secondary targeted analysis to corroborate the findings. One example consists of genetic studies aimed at identifying mutations in specific genes. Usually, the first step is a non-sequencing test to detect variants in the genes of interest (e.g., by multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification), followed by targeted sequencing of the samples that are positive in the first assay. The downside of this procedure is the need of large quantities of DNA since it requires by default more than one reaction per sample. Efficient high-throughput extraction of high yields of DNA from primary samples is, therefore, a key requirement for the successful setup of these genomic workflows.
The combination of PerkinElmer's chemagic™ research instrumentation and kits offers the perfect solutions for high-throughput extraction of large amounts of DNA from both blood and buffy coats by providing:
- High DNA yields: up to 50 µg DNA/ml blood
- Capacity to handle large volumes of primary sample: more DNA available for testing
- Fast processing with run times below 50 min
- Tested sample handling technology for lower cross-contamination occurrences
- Full or partial automated systems: less hands-on time during the nucleic acid purification procedure
- High levels of DNA integrity for the isolation of up to 200 kb fragments suitable for the most complex genomic analyses
- Long-term stable nucleic acids: ideal for biobanking and clinical research applications
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.