Nucleic acids from pathogens
Pathogen nucleic acid extraction from clinical samples
The importance of sensitive pathogen detection from clinical samples cannot be understated. The ability to verify the presence of these microorganisms at low concentrations is important to properly detect persons who are both symptomatic and asymptomatic. The PerkinElmer chemagen technology has been developed to isolate pathogen DNA and RNA including viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other microorganisms. The chemagic™ instruments not only provide highly sensitive extractions, but they are also developed for high-throughput laboratory automation. The PerkinElmer chemagic™ pathogen kits can extract a wide range of pathogens, including respiratory samples1-3 (e.g. COVID-19), blood-derived samples4,5, enteric samples6,7, and well as a host of other body fluids and tissues8,9. The nucleic acids purified using the PerkinElmer chemagen workflows are suitable for a wide range of downstream applications, such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), quantitative and digital PCR, hybridization, and many more.
Workflow for pathogen detection, on the basis of SARS-CoV-2 detection
Workflow for pathogen detection, using SARS-CoV-2 detection as an example
- MacKay, M.J., Hooker, A.C., Afshinnekoo, E. et al. The COVID-19 XPRIZE and the need for scalable, fast, and widespread testing. Nat Biotechnol (2020).
- FDA, “SARS-CoV-2 Reference Panel Comparative Data” (15th September, 2020)
- Ludwig, K.U. et al. LAMP-Seq enables sensitive, multiplexed COVID-19 diagnostics using molecular barcoding. Nat Biotech (2021).
- Siedner, M.J., Moorhouse, M.A., Simmons, B. et al. Reduced efficacy of HIV-1 integrase inhibitors in patients with drug resistance mutations in reverse transcriptase. Nat Commun (2020).
- Kleines, M., Schellenberg, K., Ritter, K. Efficient Extraction of Viral DNA and Viral RNA by the Chemagic Viral DNA/RNA Kit Allows Sensitive Detection of Cytomegalovirus, Hepatitis B Virus, and Hepatitis G Virus by PCR. J. Clin. Micribiol. (2003).
- Bliss, J. et al. High Prevalence of Shigella or Enteroinvasive Escherichia coli Carriage among Residents of an Internally Displaced Persons Camp in South Sudan. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. (2018).
- Lefèvre, A.C. et al. The Clinical Value of Measuring Circulating HPV DNA during Chemo-Radiotherapy in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anus. Cancers. (2021).
- Tang, Y. et al. An Isothermal, Multiplex Amplification Assay for Detection and Genotyping of Human Papillomaviruses in Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded Tissues. J. Mol. Diagnost. (2020).
- Rajeevan, M.S. et al. NanoString Technology for Human Papillomavirus Typing. Viruses. (2021).
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.