Magnetic Beads Based on Polyvinyl Alcohol
chemagen started its business with the development, functionalization, and production of magnetic particles based on polyvinyl alcohol, referred to as M-PVA Magnetic Beads. These beads represent a new class of particles and allow applications in nearly every scientific field requiring the isolation of specific biomolecules.
Develop your own assay with our M-PVA Magnetic Beads. Contact our OEM team for further support.
Interested in receiving M-PVA Magnetic Beads?
In case you are interested to test the M-PVA Magnetic Beads for your application, check the table of magnetic beads below and fill out the contact form with your details.
The picture shows a schematic representation of the M-PVA Magnetic Bead structure. Particles of magnetite are embedded in the polyvinyl alcohol matrix conferring paramagnetic properties to the beads.
The surface of the M-PVA Magnetic Beads can be functionalized with many different groups and modified with individually tuneable loadings. The figure on the left shows a selection of functionalized, activated beads offered by chemagen as standard and ready-to-use reagents.
Applications of M-PVA Magnetic Beads
Thanks to their hydrophilic surface, M-PVA Magnetic Beads show a very little affinity for most biological molecules, opposite to the majority of commercially available beads that are based on hydrophobic materials such as polystyrene. This feature makes activated M-PVA Magnetic Beads ideal for the separation of specific molecules from complex mixtures.
Standard functionalized M-PVA Magnetic Beads:
- Carboxylated beads
- Streptavidin (SAV)
- N-hydroxysuccinimidyl (NHS) ester
- Primary amine functionalized
- Epoxide functionalized
- OH-functionalized beads
- Isolation of nucleic acids
- Detection or isolation of specific sequences or species of nucleic acids
- Preparation of molecule libraries (e.g. oligonucleotides, DNA, RNA, proteins, or smaller molecules) using combinatorial strategies
- Screening and selection of DNA libraries
- Binding of biotinylated proteins
- Affinity purification of proteins (e.g. antibodies or lectins)
- High magnetite content for fast magnetic separation, even from large sample volumes
- Polydisperse particles for a uniform reproducibility of magnetic separation
- µm sized beads present a high active surface per volume and allow efficient adaptation to specific applications
- Mechanical robustness allows different kinds of processing and facilitates automated use
- Chemical functionalization of the matrix with different modifications for high and specific binding capacity
- Hydrophilicity of the PVA surface, leading to low non-specific protein binding
- High thermal stability enabling easy sterilization by autoclaving
Types of M-PVA Magnetic Beads
M-PVA Magnetic Beads
|Product No.||Name||Specification||Conc. |
|CMG-200||M-PVA 011||hydroxylated||50||0.5 - 1.0||500||various binding capacity||stored in H2O at room temperature|
|CMG-201||M-PVA 012||hydroxylated||50||1.0 - 3.0||500||various binding capacity||stored in H2O at room temperature|
|CMG-206||M-PVA C21||carboxylated||50||0.5 - 1.0||500||coupling of proteins, nucleic acids and other ligands with amino functionalities||> 950 µmol COOH/g
|CMG-207||M-PVA C22||carboxylated||50||1.0 - 3.0||500||coupling of proteins, nucleic acids and other ligands with amino functionalities||> 950 µmol COOH/g
|CMG-216||M-PVA E02||epoxidated||50||1.0 - 3.0||500||binding capacity for amino and thiol groups in coupling buffer with pH >8||~ 200 µmol/g|
|CMG-221||M-PVA Ak11||NHS activated||25||0.5 - 1.0||50||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 650 µmol NHS/g
|CMG-222||M-PVA Ak12||NHS activated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 550 µmol NHS/g
|CMG-227||M-PVA SAV1||streptavidin coated||25||0.5 - 1.0||50||separation|
of biotinylated target molecules
|> 50 pmol biotinylated protein, at least 400 pmol biotinylated oligonucleotide or 600 pmol free biotin per 40 μl M-PVA SAV1 respectively|
|CMG-228||M-PVA SAV2||streptavidin coated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||separation|
of biotinylated target molecules
|> 40 pmol biotinylated protein (150 kDa), at least 300 pmol biotinylated oligonucleotide or 520 pmol free biotin per 40 μl M-PVA SAV2 respectively|
|CMG-231||M-PVA OdT2||oligo(dT) coated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||coupling of poly-adenylated nucleic acids||> 45 pmol dA30|
Get a free sample!
Contact us to get M-PVA Magnetic Beads!
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Please note that product labelling (such as kit insert, product label, and kit box) may be different compared to the company branding. Please contact your local representative for further details.