Magnetic Beads Based on Polyvinyl Alcohol
chemagen started its business with the development, functionalization, and production of magnetic particles based on polyvinyl alcohol, referred to as M-PVA Magnetic Beads. These beads represent a new class of particles and allow applications in nearly every scientific field requiring the isolation of specific biomolecules.
Develop your own assay with our M-PVA Magnetic Beads. Contact our OEM team for further support.
The picture shows a schematic representation of the M-PVA Magnetic Bead structure. Particles of magnetite are embedded in the polyvinyl alcohol matrix conferring paramagnetic properties to the beads.
The surface of the M-PVA Magnetic Beads can be functionalized with many different groups and modified with individually tuneable loadings. The figure on the left shows a selection of functionalized, activated beads offered by chemagen as standard and ready-to-use reagents.
Applications of M-PVA Magnetic Beads
Thanks to their hydrophilic surface, M-PVA Magnetic Beads show a very little affinity for most biological molecules, opposite to the majority of commercially available beads that are based on hydrophobic materials such as polystyrene. This feature makes activated M-PVA Magnetic Beads ideal for the separation of specific molecules from complex mixtures.
Standard functionalized M-PVA Magnetic Beads:
- Carboxylated beads
- Streptavidin (SAV)
- N-hydroxysuccinimidyl (NHS) ester
- Primary amine functionalized
- Epoxide functionalized
- OH-functionalized beads
- Isolation of nucleic acids
- Detection or isolation of specific sequences or species of nucleic acids
- Preparation of molecule libraries (e.g. oligonucleotides, DNA, RNA, proteins, or smaller molecules) using combinatorial strategies
- Screening and selection of DNA libraries
- Binding of biotinylated proteins
- Affinity purification of proteins (e.g. antibodies or lectins)
- High magnetite content for fast magnetic separation, even from large sample volumes
- Polydisperse particles for a uniform reproducibility of magnetic separation
- µm sized beads present a high active surface per volume and allow efficient adaptation to specific applications
- Mechanical robustness allows different kinds of processing and facilitates automated use
- Chemical functionalization of the matrix with different modifications for high and specific binding capacity
- Hydrophilicity of the PVA surface, leading to low non-specific protein binding
- High thermal stability enabling easy sterilization by autoclaving
Types of M-PVA Magnetic Beads
M-PVA Magnetic Beads
|Product No.||Name||Specification||Conc. |
|CMG-200||M-PVA 011||hydroxylated||50||0.5 - 1.0||500||various binding capacity||stored in H2O at room temperature|
|CMG-201||M-PVA 012||hydroxylated||50||1.0 - 3.0||500||various binding capacity||stored in H2O at room temperature|
|CMG-206||M-PVA C21||highly carboxylated||50||0.5 - 1.0||500||coupling of proteins, nucleic acids and other ligands with amino functionalities||> 950 µmol COOH/g
|CMG-207||M-PVA C22||highly carboxylated||50||1.0 - 3.0||500||coupling of proteins, nucleic acids and other ligands with amino functionalities||> 950 µmol COOH/g
|CMG-216||M-PVA E01||epoxidated||50||0.5 - 1.0||500||binding capacity for amino and thiol groups in coupling buffer with pH >8||~ 200 µmol/g|
|CMG-221||M-PVA Ak11||NHS activated||25||0.5 - 1.0||50||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 650 µmol NHS/g
|CMG-222||M-PVA Ak12||NHS activated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 550 µmol NHS/g
|CMG-227||M-PVA SAV1||streptavidin coated||25||0.5 - 1.0||50||separation|
of biotinylated target molecules
|> 50 pmol biotinylated protein, at least 400 pmol biotinylated oligonucleotide or 600 pmol free biotin per 40 μl M-PVA SAV1 respectively|
|CMG-228||M-PVA SAV2||streptavidin coated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||separation|
of biotinylated target molecules
|> 40 pmol biotinylated protein (150 kDa), at least 300 pmol biotinylated oligonucleotide or 520 pmol free biotin per 40 μl M-PVA SAV2 respectively|
|CMG-231||M-PVA OdT2||oligo(dT) coated||25||1.0 - 3.0||50||coupling of poly-adenylated nucleic acids||> 45 pmol dA30|
|CMG-237||M-PVA Ak11||NHS activated||25||0.5 - 1.0||500||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 650 µmol NHS/g|
|CMG-238||M-PVA Ak12||NHS activated||25||1.0 - 3.0||500||binding of proteins or ligands with amino functionalities||> 550 µmol NHS/g|
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.