DNA and RNA from blood
The fast and efficient isolation of nucleic acids from whole blood samples represents a critical bottleneck for downstream genomics applications such as next-generation sequencing, quantitative and digital PCR, chip-based assays, and many more. Variable recovery rates, the presence of impurities, and molecular degradation directly impact the ability to generate high-quality data for genetic research. PerkinElmer's DNA and RNA purification workflows offer the perfect solution to these challenges by combining dedicated instruments and kits designed to obtain high yields of ultra-pure nucleic acids from blood samples.
Genomic DNA isolation from blood using the chemagic™ 360 instrument
Genomic DNA from initial sample volume of 4 ml of blood and has been eluted in 500 μl. The average yield is 63 μg per ml of blood, with a DNA concentration of 363 ng/μl ± 163. The typical DNA quality as measured by A260/A280 is 1,98 ± 0,26.
- Campuzano O, Sarquella-Brugada G, Fernandez-Falgueras A, Coll M, Iglesias A, Ferrer-Costa C, Cesar S, Arbelo E, García-Álvarez A, Jordà P, Toro R, Tiron de Llano C, Grassi S, Oliva A, Brugada J, Brugada R. Reanalysis and reclassification of rare genetic variants associated with inherited arrhythmogenic syndromes. EBioMedicine. (2020)
- Yao RA, Akinrinade O, Chaix M, Mital S. Quality of whole genome sequencing from blood versus saliva derived DNA in cardiac patients. BMC Med Genomics. (2020)
- Schöne B, Bergmann S, Lang K, Wagner I, Schmidt AH, Petersdorf EW, Lange V. Predicting an HLA-DPB1 expression marker based on standard DPB1 genotyping: Linkage analysis of over 32,000 samples. Hum Immunol. (2018)
- Valentin N, Camilleri M, Carlson P, Harrington SC, Eckert D, O'Neill J, Burton D, Chen J, Shaw AL, Acosta A. Potential mechanisms of effects of serum-derived bovine immunoglobulin/protein isolate therapy in patients with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Physiol Rep. (2017)
- Sanchez O, Campuzano O, Fernández-Falgueras A, Sarquella-Brugada G, Cesar S, Mademont I, Mates J, Pérez-Serra A, Coll M, Pico F, Iglesias A, Tirón C, Allegue C, Carro E, Gallego MÁ, Ferrer-Costa C, Hospital A, Bardalet N, Borondo JC, Vingut A, Arbelo E, Brugada J, Castellà J, Medallo J, Brugada R. Natural and Undetermined Sudden Death: Value of Post-Mortem Genetic Investigation. PLoS One. (2016)
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.